Monday, September 19, 2011

Is CopyingRight?

hope you got the title...

Copyright infringements are getting more and more difficult to control and understand, as newer and different material is emerging on the Internet. Artists such as Girl Talk, are pushing the limits of what is “ok” to produce, and the definition of “artistic expression” remains a loose one. What do I think? As much as I respect the original content produced by artists and the rights they are entitled to, I think the reproduction of their material should be loosely prosecuted. I think the copyright laws today are still very lax, but whether or not they should be, is the real question…

Given proper citation under the you tube link, and given the new work is not the same as the original piece, I personally love to see what people can do and what remix’s come about. I get the feeling that people sometimes hold back their artistic expression due to being scared of potential repercussions.

The reason I believe it’s difficult to establish a medium between which artists and listeners can agree upon copyrighted information, is because I stand only on one side of the argument. Unlike the artists who produce the original work, I can only say what I want as a listener. This usually means the easiest way possible to get my music or videos, will be the way that I get it…

No comments:

Post a Comment